Schizoid Lloyd is a six-headed upcoming experimental, progressive rock band from the Netherlands, drawing influences from acts like Opeth, Radiohead, Porcupine Tree, Pink Floyd, Bach, and Steven Seagal. The young lads started out explosively as a five-piece band, winning several prestigious semi-local contests within a year after their establishment (october 2007), which led to the release of their critically acclaimed debut EP ‘Virus’, (april 2009). Schizoid Lloyd was widespread predicted to become the new frontrunner of Dutch progressive rock. Instead of continuing their quick success, the band went underground to perfect and push their music to greater heights, occasionally performing on stage to try out new songs, alongside bands like Amplifier, Long Distance Calling and Dutch popstar Ali B. Just before completing their dream team with a new drummer and the old drummer as the new lead singer (January 2012), Schizoid Lloyd was considered to be one of the surprising highlights and discoveries of the international scene-defining festival ‘Progpower Europe’ (2011). Currently they’re recording and finishing their first full-length, which will be released this summer.
– Winner Rob Acda Award in hometown Haarlem 2007/2008.
– Finalist HU college bandcontest, Utrecht 2007/2008
– April 2009, release of their self-produced debut EP called “Virus” in cooperation with Oscar Holleman (known for his work with Within Temptation, amongst others.)
– Demo of the month july/august 2009 in dutch FRET popmagazine.
– Winner of NH-poplive 2009/2010.
– September 2010, release of the single ‘Circus’ in cooperation with Mendel Pool.
Guus van Oosterum
Boy van Ooijen
2009 – Virus (EP)
New album coming soon